Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 255~ Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

Poor Superman is s.i.c.k.
He requested some soup, so I whipped up something that is both good for him and super easy to make!
Have you ever tried to make homemade chicken noodle soup?
It's a breeze!
I had some homemade turkey stock that I made after cooking the turkey from the farm.
I pulled a bag of that stock/broth out of the freezer and started it thawing.
While it was thawing, I sauteed a medium-sized onion in some butter in my stock pot.
I also tossed in a few boneless, skinless chicken tenders to cook up with the onions.
Once the chicken and onions finished, I added in my turkey stock.
It wasn't all thawed out yet, but that didn't matter.
As it liquefied in the stock pot, I chopped up lots of carrots that I had in the fridge.
Superman loves carrots, so I chopped lots and lots and lots!
I didn't have any celery, so my soup only included: onions, carrots, turkey stock, chicken, and spices.
As for spices, throw in what you have and what you love!
I added: 3 tbsp of Himalayan sea salt, cracked pepper, Mrs. Dash, and a little tad of French onion soup mix that I had left over.
I could have just added salt and pepper.
It would have been fine!
But remember, I'm a spice-aholic!
Let the soup simmer for an hour or so, to soften the carrots.
My pot looked like it needed a little more liquid to handle the noodles, so I added about a quart of water.
15 minutes before serving it to Superman, I brought the soup to a boil and poured in a bag of egg noodles.
That's it!
Easy peasy!
Broth, veggies, meat, spices, and noodles!
Just in time for cooler weather!
I love making soup in the fall.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...