Monday, July 28, 2008

Homemaking Happenings




I am now officially addicted to canning! It's strangely therapeutic! Aside from the fact that my feet feel puffy after about ten hours in the kitchen, I really, really love it. It's calming. It's rewarding. It's nice to know exactly what I'm putting in each recipe- and knowing exactly what I'll be feeding my family!

As of today, I've canned:
8 quarts of stewed tomatoes
4 pints of Peach Jam
4 half-pints of Peach Jam
5 half-pints of Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam
5 half-pints of Peach-Plum Salsa
4 pints of ATOMIC Peach BBQ Sauce
5 half-pints of ATOMIC Peach BBQ Sauce

I've got an order in for a flat of strawberries that will be in later this week! I can't wait! The joys have been great helps in the kitchen! I also found a super yummy looking recipe for Basil-Garlic Tomato Sauce. We may head to the Farmer's Market later this week to track down some more tomatoes.

**I'll update this post with photos of the bounty once my camera battery has time to charge!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Do you want to can some things for me??? Just kidding.
Renee

inspired said...

You truly are addicted! I think you are going to have to can for me since I won't be able to!!!

I am so proud of you! How was the BBQ sauce??

Stephanie

Dana D said...

The BBQ we made is good! The peach BBQ is ATOMIC!!! I've got some to share with you!

Went to the Farmer's Market today and bought two more boxes of Romas! I'll be sharing some of that with you, too!

Kim said...

That is something I sooo want to do - I'm jealous!! Until I find the time, I'll just have to continue to eat over preserved canned food from the grocery!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...