Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Sorry to have been away so long!

Remember when my littlest joy broke my camera lens, making it the second camera he's had a hand in demolishing? Well, I sent it off to be fixed, and it's finally back. I tried using my big lens, and don't get me wrong, I'm forever grateful to my Superman for having the foresight to buy me both lenses, but I struggle to use the big one. You see, the bigger the lens, the more still you need to be when taking photos. It's actually best if you use a tripod with a big lens. And although my wonderful, foresight endowed Superman purchased said tripod for me for Christmas, well, I just am a bit too _____ (sporadic, scattered, impulsive, unorganized) to use it very often. I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants sorta gal. Right, Chele?

Well, there's also this other sorta major issue that plagues me when I try to use my big lens. If you don't have a tripod handy, you can always hold your breath when you snap the picture, or you can just stop talking. I'm not really good at either of those things, especially the latter. And so I end up with lots of pictures that look like this...

So with all of that said, I hopefully have managed to explain why I felt it necessary to be a bit anti-photographic for a bit. And we all know that blogs are so much more interesting with pictures, especially for ADHD visual people like moi.

Now, I have babbled on incoherently to tell you this... I have had my lens back for a little over an hour and have managed to take 3, 276 photos. I'm on a photo-high right now. And I have an actual semi-important, fully illustrated post that will be up sometime tonight. (If you're family, come back with a tissue.)

P.S. I blame the camera-giddy-high for all the made up words I used in this post!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...