Monday, October 29, 2007

7 Things About Me

We had a great weekend at the beach, and I'm all tuckered out! Be prepared, there are about a gazillion pictures to be shared over the next week or two. I still have a car to unload, food to cook, and lessons to teach (did I mention my littlest joy has a tummy bug on top of everything else?), so I'm opting for a different sort of post today. I was tagged My Inspiration to list 7 Things About Me, so here goes:

1. I was born on a US Military base in Germany. The pros: this gave me dual-citizenship until I was 21. The cons: because I wasn't born in the US, I could never be President. Not that I would ever want to be President, but when I learned this in elementary school, I was not a happy camper! To this day Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" makes me clinch my teeth and grimace! Now, if his song was "Born in a Foreign Country but on American Soil" I'd love it!

2. I am the first-born of three kids. First-born...enough said?!?!

3. I don't believe in LOVE at first sight, but I do believe that you can lay eyes on someone and KNOW that they are the one for you! Just ask Superman! (Stay tuned, I'll be sharing that story some time soon!)

4. I can't cook to save my life, but I LOVE to bake. (If you're scratching your head right now, let me explain: cooking is defined by me as preparing something to eat using the eyes of the stove, baking is defined by me as preparing something to eat using the inside of the oven.)

5. I worked my way through college as a Clinique consultant. I loved that job! In my dreams, I'm still selling 3-Step, slathering on Tenderheart lipstick, and wearing my C pin over my heart! Oh, to have a reason to actually put on make-up everyday!

6. My favorite food in all the world is turnip greens, I kid you not! Nothing soothes the soul like a big bowl of turnip greens with ham bits cooked in, and a little dab of vinegar splashed on top! Oh my word, my mouth is watering just thinking about such deliciousness! Where are my car keys? I've got to get to Cracker Barrel for some turnip greens!!!

7. I love drama- NOT DRAMA-DRAMA, I mean theatrical drama. I performed with our local youth theater and even the adult theater in town from junior high through high school. I was also in our high school dramas each year. It was an awesome experience. To me, drama/theater is both a creative outlet and therapy all mixed together! Besides, I do tend to be just a teensy bit dramatic, so why not put it to good use?!?! (Now you really know what I mean when I say my littlest joy may look like his daddy, but he acts like his mama!)

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this latest installment. Hopefully I've shared a few things you didn't already know!

1 comment:

inspired said...

Thanks so much for playing!! It was fun, wasn't it?! I didn't know you were born in Germany. As for the drama, that just makes life a little more fun!!!

Stephanie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/inspired/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...