Thursday, October 25, 2007

Adventures in Comedian-sitting

I've decided that if ever again I'm at a loss for blogging material, I need only to go on a date with my youngest joy, and I will return with a week's worth of entries. For the past two days W has been my shadow. Superman has been home due to the rain, and C has seized the opportunity to have some "quality Daddy time" aka non-weekend video game time. (I could veer off on a rant about how I despise video gaming or how the constant repetition of cheesy-arcade-like music blaring in full Dolby surround-sound grates on my nerves worse than fingernails on chalkboards, but I won't. I'll save save that post for later...)

Now, where was I? Oh yes, my littlest joy and the wealth of his comedic adventures. W is the one that looks like his daddy, but acts like his mama. To put it in layman's terms, the boy never shuts up, bless his heart! And I only lay claim to the verbal side of him that is brilliant, adorable, or precious. Every once in awhile he has a disrespectful or sarcastic moment, and I blame those genetics on his daddy (or on some great, great grand-someone on Superman's side of the family--of course!)

So yesterday W and I had time for a date and a little shopping after I took him to PT. We stopped by a local store that carries college team paraphernalia for our state's two rival teams. Did you guess that I shop on the orange side and W shops on the garnet side? Again, I blame that on Superman's genetics!!! However, I must take the blame for the fact that W can go into any given store and fall in love with the most expensive item they sell- all within 2 minutes of walking in the door. Needless to say, we left with only removable face tattoos for each team. Then we were off to Cracker Barrel.

Oh my, how I love biscuits with blackberry jelly from Cracker Barrel! My mouth is watering as I type! With C being on a GFCF diet, we rarely get the opportunity to indulge. Lucky for us, C was busy with Superman and "quality Daddy time". W and I browsed the Christmas items for a few minutes and then were seated. My littlest joy even pulled out my chair for me to sit down. And just as the waitress came to our table to take our drink orders and I was thinking to myself, "Oh, what a budding little gentleman W is becoming", my ears heard, "Two teas please, and could you also bring us biscuits with blackberry jelly."

I don't know who was more in shock, me or the waitress. After all, he's only 7! Our kind waitress smiled and asked him if he was hungry. And with a sigh he answered, "Yes ma'am, she's had me out shopping all day and I'm starving!"

Yep! Superman's genetics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for keeping your blog going- this one's halarious!! I love reading about the Sloan family adventures!! love you:) kayla

Dana D said...

Oh, thank you, KK! I miss you bunches! Keep checking in and you're sure to find some more humor! Afterall, when it's laugh or cry- always choose to laugh!
Love you, too! Dana D

inspired said...

I am tagging you to share 7 facts about yourself! Then you have to tag 7 people and tell them to do the same thing. Make sure you let me know when you have posted them!!!

Stephanie
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/inspired

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...