Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



I'm finally getting caught up on my DVR'd programs.
Heard this song on Parenthood, and had to find and listen to the rest of it.

Made me cry!
Sure sign of a great song.

Full circle.

That's all I could think as it played.

From thoughts of my little joys, that aren't so little anymore...
to my sweet
Nannie, who fancied holding the hands of her children and grandchildren.

If I could turn back the hands of time
and read her mind as we sat quietly holding hands on her couch,
I can't help but feel like the lyrics would be quite similar to her thoughts:

I see your face in mine
And I know there will come a time
When you will take my hand
And I will understand
That you're there, too.
Hope you enjoy the song as much as I did!
It'll make your heart swell!
And, Happy Mother's Day!
I'm off to my childhood home for lunch with my own Mama.
See you again tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...