Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Sweet Nana Mae~ A Sad Update

Sorry that I've been away so long. My sweet Nana Mae passed away after two weeks in the hospital. Although I've had a little time on the computer, I'm struggling to find balance again. I always told my Nana that if anything ever happened to her that they needed to go ahead and bury me with her. Some days I still feel that way. I didn't want to have post after post of sadness, so instead I stayed silent. I've been working on a video for our family of photos of her, and thought I'd make a short one to post here, too. Nana had the most amazing smile and even now, when I look at these pictures, it makes me overflow with joy instead of sorrow.

I'll eventually get back to my normal posting. I've always stood firm in my personal belief that if given the opportunity to laugh or cry, you should always choose laughter. I'm trying!

6 comments:

Chele said...

Dana ~ such a loving tribute to your Nana. I'm am so very sorry you have lost such a special person. I'm glad to hear you are able to laugh at moments. Hugs for you my friend!!!! Chele :-)

sara said...

Awww so sweet! I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

My Goodness, Dana. The first picture in the slide show looks like you! You favor your Nana when she was young. Looking at pictures of my Grandma always makes me feel better. We were super close, too. Came across a video of her with my two oldest kids the other day and it made me cry to hear her talking. I miss her so much...God is helping me through each and every day.
Love to you,
Renee

Dana D said...

Thank y'all for your sweet words! And Renee, thank you for the sweet reference to me looking like Nana. I had never really noticed it, because by the time I was born she was already gray-headed. But several people made the same comment to me after seeing one of the viedos at the funeral home and again after the funeral. To be honest, my head swelled up so big it's a miracle I could fit back in the car to go home! Nana and I always had a special bond, and to look like her is just the icing on the cake! I'm flattered, thankful, and grateful! Now, if I can just manage to refine my insides to be as beautiful as she was on the inside, too!

inspired said...

You are such a blessing. Our family has been praying for you. My darling daughter number two prays for you every evening. The girls have many hugs waiting for you.

Stephanie@inspired

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana...the video you put together is great!! I know you miss your Nana..but, find hope in knowing you will see her again on streets of gold...as long as you serve Jesus and put Him first...I can't wait to "meet" her in Heaven....God Bless you and your family and give your mom and Ashleigh a hug for me! love you!!
Meshael

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...