Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Questions, Answers, and Confessions of a Pioneer Woman

Thank you for all the hilarious emails! My last post sure did stir some things up!

First of all, my comments about being in the kitchen cooking all the time were dripping in sarcasm! Dare I say, oozing in sarcasm?!?! Y'all I really do try to cook, I'm just not very good at it.

Which leads me to my second point. I have discovered the most amazing blog! To be honest, I have developed a borderline obsession to it. The Pioneer Woman discusses cooking, photography, and side-splitting family tales. She also has been posting the story of her whirlwind romance with her husband. That alone is completely addictive, so view it with extreme caution. You will be pining along side me for each new installment. Click here to begin the addiction, but consider yourself warned!

Lastly, I seriously did brine and bake that turkey myself! Did I mention that The Pioneer Woman is queen of the kitchen? Martha Stewart has nothing on this woman! She has a second site The Pioneer Woman Cooks in which she posts step-by-step directions with amazing pictures that guide you through her recipes. Click here to learn to brine a turkey, here to learn to roast a turkey.

Because I was inspired to brine and roast a turkey on a whim, I didn't have time to order the Williams Sonoma brine The Pioneer Woman uses. Here's my adapted recipe: 1 1/2 cups of salt, 1 gallon of water, and a little bit of every spice in my cabinet that didn't smell too sweet! Seriously! Remember, I told you I'm still trying to learn how to cook!

1 comment:

inspired said...

THank you so much for finding this blog. I had it in my bookmark a year ago and then lost it when I changed servers!! I have always loved reading it because it is so real and she is so funny!! I do love her kitchen blog!!

Stephanie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/inspired

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...