Sunday, November 11, 2007

Anticipation

Tonight I'm filled with anticipation for tomorrow! My cousin, Boo Boo, who was the closest thing I had to a brother (until I actually had a brother), is going to be welcoming his first-born child tomorrow...a daughter!

And I'm a mess of emotions tonight! You see, Boo Boo and I have always been close. When I was growing up and came into town to visit, Boo Boo always took me to Rush's for a vanilla milkshake. It was our little outing. When I married one of his best friends, I could feel that even then he was still going to be protective of me. When our grandmother had a heart attack and was in the hospital, I didn't feel any peace at all until my big, strapping cousin let me squall in his arms. When I had to have an emergency c-section with my first child, it was Boo Boo that dropped by the hospital after visiting hours to check on me, and make sure I was OK. He's always been like my big brother, even though he's only six weeks older than me.

(Here we are, along with my sister, on his wedding day!)

Somewhere along the way, Boo Boo managed to grow up. And even though I've been just a few miles down the road from him for the last decade, I missed it! It was on his wedding day that I first realized it. There I was, up at the front of the church, and honored to be one of the bridesmaids. When, his beautiful bride made her way down the aisle to him. And when he took her by the hand and helped her up the stairs of the alter, I lost it. It was as if, at that very moment in time, Boo Boo went from the rough and tough kid I grew up with, to a strong yet gentle man. In the twinkling of an eye, he grew up in front of me. The tears started flowing, tears of joy and pride and sheer happiness.

Here he is with his precious wife and with Daniel (my real-life brother!)

So here I sit tonight, deep in thought of how tomorrow Boo Boo will become a Daddy! And what a wonderful Daddy he will be!

(If you read this Boo, I hope I didn't embarrass you! Just know I love you bunches! See you in the morning! Love~ Dana)

And one last photo... here is his gorgeous wife at the baby shower just a couple of weeks ago. It's really not fair that someone can be that pregnant and that cute at the same time! Don't you agree?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...