Thursday, September 13, 2007

GFCF Pumpkin Bread


We've had C on a GFCF diet for awhile now, with some remarkable results. This is one of his favorites for me to bake. I found the original recipe listed as Rosie's Pumpkin Bread, and made a few, small adjustments to suit us. C asks for it constantly! We have even had entire loaves disappear from the cooling rack. Hmmm...I wonder who could be responsible for that?!?! It's a pretty easy recipe, considering I am still making it.


2 1/2 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup arrowroot or corn starch
1 tbsp + 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1-2 tsp lecithin

4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice
3 cups Savannah Gold or sugar
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)

Mix all dry ingredients, except Savannah Gold or sugar, in mixing bowl.
In separate bowl mix eggs, oil, and orange juice.
Add Savannah Gold and pumpkin to liquid mixture.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients on medium-low.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Today I doubled the recipe and used the remaining batter to make a pan of muffins. They were a hit. Ummm, don't they look yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for having this great recipe! Its exactly what my mom has been looking for! She homeschools me and my three siblings ages 16, 12, 9, and 11 months! Keep growing strong and have a blessed day!

Christina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...