Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 244~ Scoliosis X-Ray

This is a busy week for the littlest joy- OT, PT, orthopaedist follow-up, and an appointment to be fitted for his new AFO.
3 down, 1 more to go!
I'm floating on a cloud right now!
See that x-ray behind my boy?
It shows that he's only lost 1* from all the improvements he's made trying to straighten his spine.
(So I don't forget- he's gone from a 15* curve, and now is at a 6*)
I am more than thrilled!
I was so worried, because he's had a few setbacks due to the growth spurt he's been going through.
That's the tricky thing with scoliosis, when you're 10 you're going to grow, but times of growth can cause the spinal curvature to worsen very quickly.
We'll have to stay on top of it for the next few years, but I'm so thankful that we're in good hands!
His team knew I was really nervous about waiting until our scheduled November appointment for his next round of x-rays.
They encouraged me to follow my gut and request an earlier appointment.
I'm so glad!
Now I can rest a little easier!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...