Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 239~

I personally despise Wal-Mart.
You could also fill in the blank with: hate, loathe, abominate.
I can count the times I set foot in a Wal-Mart in a calendar year on my fingers.
It's a BIG business thing.
I'd rather pay a dime/quarter/dollar more and feel like I'm paying a fair price for my goods.
Not a fan of Wal-Mart policies.
I also prefer to support local businesses.
But, aside from my personal feelings about the chain, I also don't like that I used to go in for one or two things, and come out with a buggy full.
That sort of defeats the purpose of saving a dime/quarter/dollar, huh?
Today, I was forced (kicking and screaming) to go in for mini-dvds for the oldest joy's camcorder that I couldn't find anywhere else.
I purposefully went in without a buggy!
I made the mistake of swinging by the cleaning aisle after being unsuccessful in my attempt to buy said dvds.
Of course!
Thank heavens I didn't have a buggy!
When my arms were full it was time to go!

2 comments:

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

I feel the same way about shopping local/fair market - but I'm surprised you said you don't like their policies. Wal*mart is one of the only companies that willing hire people who wouldn't be able to find jobs otherwise. :/

Dana D said...

Jessica, I would never try to argue with you. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion! :) I had already chosen to stop my weekly trips to Wal-Mart a year or so before I happened to catch a documentary called "The High Cost of Low Price" on tv one night. I was intrigued by the title, and decided to watch it. It opened my eyes to much more than the Big Business policies that I don't like. (I don't like Big Business in general, not just Wal-Mart. I'm a small-town girl who is often frustrated by the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.)
I know your schedule is packed right now, but if you have a chance, and would like to watch it, here is a link to where you can watch the documentary online: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/wal-mart-the-high-cost-of-low-price/
Keep up the local/fair market shopping! :) :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...