Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 233~

I'm going to tell you a secret, but please don't hold it against me.
I can be a little bit of a brat at times.
(just a little bit)
Like, when I go home to Central and don't have a bed to sleep on... I'm a brat.
Or don't have a room to put my stuff and my children's toys in... I'm a brat.
Or when the shower isn't just so... I'm a brat.
I don't act that way when I'm a guest at other people's homes.
I promise!
It just sort of stinks to grow up, move out, and not be able to go back home.
I've lived out of my childhood home for more years than I ever lived in it, so you'd think I'd be used to it by now.
What can I say?
I'm a brat!
This weekend we packed up the family and headed back to Central for a family reunion.
My children are really good at making themselves at home there.
I'm getting better at it.
But, we were also taking Superman.
And even though I can sleep on a couch, and have no problem making beds for my boys on the floor, Superman is 6'4" and not built for couch or floor sleeping.
As luck would have it, my little brother was coming back into town- and sleeping in his room (that was my childhood room... I know... I'm a brat!)
But luckily my dear Dad was teaching out of town for the weekend.
Mom put my family in her master bedroom.
It was BLISS!
As in, staying at a bed and breakfast sort of bliss!
We arrived to fresh sheets, quilt turned down, lamp-lit atmosphere, and a freshly scrubbed bathroom (thanks, Ash!).
Have I mentioned that it was absolute bliss?
Because it was!
We weren't even in town for 24 hours, but we had somewhere to put all of our things, and a quiet place to escape when needed.
THANK YOU, MOM!
Thank you for sacrificing your room and for such enjoyable hospitality.
It was one of the best trips home... ever!

2 comments:

Renee said...

My daughter was the same way. She couldn't understand why we let her brother move into her room and let her youngest brother have his own room. He was five for goodness sake! Although we would have loved to have left her room untouched for her visits it just wasn't practical!

Unknown said...

I am a complete brat about that sort of stuff. I can't stand to sleep on the floor... the couch is only good in certain places. When I go home to my mother's, my baby sister has taken over it with one child (her room was turned into the nursery for the second)... so that leaves me/us with no where to sleep.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...