Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 45~ Nana Mae's Pound Cake

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Superman wanted a pound cake for Valentine's. He specifically requested that I make it with Nana's icing. Her pound cake recipe is the only one I've ever used, but sadly, one of the things I never learned from Nana was how to do her icing. It turned out pretty well, but I definitely need to work on my icing making skills!

I also need to buy some more Baker's Joy! As you can see, my cake stuck! Guess Nana was right- Baker's Joy truly is the best!

Here is her recipe:
3 cups plain flour (She always used Red Band flour, but they don't make it any more.)

2 3/4 cups sugar

1 1/2 cups Crisco

6 eggs

3/4 cup milk

1 tablespoon water

1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring

1 teaspoon lemon flavoring

Preheat oven to 325. Cream sugar and Crisco together. Add 1 egg at a time and blend (on lowest setting). Add flavoring. Then add part of milk and part of flour. Blend well. Then add rest of milk and water and rest of flour last. Cook in a tube pan that has been sprayed with Baker's Joy. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes and then 350 for about 15-20 minutes longer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...