Monday, February 11, 2008

Kanye West's Tribute to his Mama

Did you watch the Grammy's last night? I caught the last half of it. Before last night, I couldn't have told you anything about Kanye West, really. I had heard bits and pieces on the news about his mother dying recently, but I couldn't tell you any song he sang.


As he performed this tribute to his mama, I sat on the couch and cried.


Although I don't want to think of my children experiencing such raw, painful emotions from losing me one day, his song left me truly inspired! I hope that I show my children the love and devotion Kanye's mom must have undoubtedly shown to him.


If you're reading this and you are a mom, you have to take a moment and listen to the words of his song. They are bound to move you. (Pause the music on my playlist in order to hear Kanye's tribute without interuption.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...