Friday, October 19, 2007

Exhausted Elation!

What a busy week we've had! On Monday, we went to Homeschool Day at Riverbank Zoo. The boys learned a lot about the animals that are endemic to Madagascar. Oh, and I fell in love with the cutest little gecko.

On Thursday we went to the state fair. We've been studying Daniel's Duck. In the story, Daniel and his family spend the winter making crafts for the county fair. We thought it would be fun to spend part of our day going through the exhibit halls to see the arts and crafts on display. We saw some phenomenal photography, and may let C enter his work next year. We also had a blast looking at all the animals.

For those of you reading this entry that knew me back before I married Superman, please make sure you are seated before reading any further...

I so want to buy a farm now!
I fell in love with softest little bunnies. I drooled over the sweet little ducks and baby chicks! I went ga-ga for the cutest little goats! I ooh-ed and aah-ed over the cows!

But I almost had a panic attack in the chicken house!

Y'all, those chickens are crazy! I want a farm without chickens! Chickens just look like they want to get out of their cages and attack you! They're all twitchy! And I swear they suffer from ADHD! Their little beady eyes made me feel like I had a target on the top of my head! Seriously! And all the while, my little W was begging for a Gamecock! Oh, the horror!!! Did I mention he is just like his Daddy?!?!

Despite developing an extreme case of chicken-attack-phobia, we had a great time at the fair. I'll post pictures and a 2nd installment about the rides and the food a little later. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

inspired said...

Now, I didn't even have to know you before you married Superman to fall off my chair!!! You never cease to amaze me!

Stephanie@inspired
www.homeschoolblogger.com/inspired/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...